This Taco Tuesday I am going to give you two brand new recipes to use Taco seasoning in, but no shell in sight!
They are both so extremely simple that they should be illegal! Then the real kicker is that they are yummy to boot. What is great about Taco seasoning as well is that they can be bought “regular” or “hot & spicy”, depending on the people you are feeding. I recently bought 4 packs for 5$ at Loblaws so I am stocked up!
The first of my recipes today is the Easy Taco Bake!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1-1/4 oz. package taco seasoning mix
- 3 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- 8-oz. container sour cream
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar/mozarella cheese, divided
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 13″x9″ baking dish.
- Brown beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and seasoning mix. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Combine cooked macaroni, sour cream and ½ cup cheddar cheese in a large bowl. Add the beef mixture to the macaroni mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon macaroni mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with chopped green onions for garnish. I also broil the top a little bit since I enjoy the cheesy topping like that 🙂
Yummy!! Was gobbled up!
Second recipe is this easy Southwest Shrimp Salad with Honey Lime Dressing.
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 – 8 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- ½ half cup red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 jalapeno peppers, deseeded and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tomato chopped up
- 1/2 cucumber chopped up
- Dressing Ingredients:
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- juice and zest of one lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 – 3 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
- In a small bowl or cruet, combine the sour cream, lime juice, lime zest, oil, honey and taco seasoning. Stir or shake to combine. Place in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Place the shrimp in a container with a lid. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the shrimp. Place the lid on the container. Shake to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over a medium flame. Add shrimp to the pan, making sure they lie flat and do not over lap. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the side touching the pan starts to turn pink. Flip the shrimp and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the shrimp to cool.
- In a large bowl combine lettuce, peppers, onion, avocado, and tomatoes. Add shrimp and cheese.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over the salad and toss.